Monday 18 October 2010

A little review of Bare Minerals try me kit...


When it comes to mineral make up i'm pretty clueless, but have always been curious. So when i spotted Bare Minerals do a 'try me' kit for £15 i thought that would be a perfect way to give it a go.
The kit consists of 2 foundation shades in 0.75g jars. I got the lightest pack so the colours were 'light' and 'fairly light', a loose powder 'mineral veils' (0.75g), a loose powder bronzer 'warmth' (0.28g) and a small brush to apply with.

Firsty the foundations. I'm always interested in powder foundations as i get oily skin and liquid foundation never last. I mixed a bit of both colours and it worked,but find for my fair skin that the 'light' shade was just right and the 'fairly light' a little too dark and too pink toned. Using the brush to swirl round in the sifter and applying in a circular motion and buffing in you can achieve a light to medium coverage. The powder was finely milled and was so easy to use.

The 'warmth' bronzer slightly intimidated me at first. It looks very dark, and i never use bronzers in loose powder form usually. But with a light touch this applies lovely. It gives a very natural look, and this little jar will last ages.

My favourite was the 'mineral veils' which is the loose powder. The quality is so beautiful. Very smooth and silky it just gives a lovely finish to the face. It has a very slight pink tone, which i find flattering, and it just brightens my skin.

The brush is also very nice- super soft and works well with the products.

Overall, i'm very impressed with the pack. I recommend this as a great way to try their make up. When i bought it the sales assistant said once i try it i'll be hooked- she had a point, i'll definately be going back to investigate their other products.

(^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment