Thursday 14 January 2010

A (not so) little review of Anatomicals…part 1

While the rest of the world seems to be obsessed with Lush and Soap & Glory i have been falling in love with a brand called Anatomicals, after getting some lovely gift sets for Christmas. I've been putting the products to the test and here are my thoughts:

The Seven Deadly Skins Body Scrub
This body scrub does a lovely job- i was very impressed with the lather it built up and it was very thick and velvety. It's been leaving my skin very soft, and i like it a lot. My one and only complaint with this is the smell, there's a very faint citrus smell, but i would love it so much more if the smell was much stronger! 4/5

That's When I Fell For the Leader of the Hair Pack
I'm a big fan of using hair masks, but this one initially worried me. Mainly because it smelt of conditioner mixed with salad cream and was yellow...hmm. But after leaving it in my hair for a few mins, and washing out my hair was looking and felling supersoft & had a lovely 'clean' smell rather than the less desirable ea de salad cream! 4/5

Glow, Glow, Quick, Quick Glow Brightening Face Cream
"Theres no dancing around the subject,your skin's more of a disaster than your dad's Justin Timberlakeimpression. Brighten it up with this face cream and waltz off to work: still drunk, still nauseous, but now glowing." I liked the idea of this, but i found this one a bit strange. It seemed to have smallglitter particles in it, which is not the kind of thing i really want on my face on a daily basis. But on the plus side i find this a good product to use as a primer.Much in the same way as Mac strobe cream, it lifts the overallfinish of the foundation and this has moisturiser in as well so it's an added bonus. I also love the message on the tube! 3/5

Snog Me Senseless Minty Lip Balm
This very much has the consistancyof a lipgloss, and a lovely fresh mint smell. I'd say this would be a good one to carry round for a night time/going out natural lip, and could be mixed with colour. The packaging is a toothpaste like tube, so you need to apply with the fingers, which makes it a bit tricky. I'm not sure this feels hugely moisturising but i like it all the same. 4/5

No Old Bags Allowed Eye Gel

This is another treasure! I've tried so many eye creams over the years, and i've never found one that i've been impressed with... Until now- and it's unbelieveably cheap. I put this on morning & night and it feels so refreshing. My eyes just feel a lot more awake. I (unfortunately) have quite bad shadows under my eyes, and although it would take nothing short of a miracle to get rid of them they have definitely decreased with constant use of this gel. Woo! 5/5


Puffy the Eye Bag Slayer gel mask
This mask is really cool. Laying with this on for ten minutes or so is an instant pick me up for my eyes, leaving them nice & refreshed. I recommend this for contact lens wearers, if like me when you take them out at the end of the day have very dry eyes, it gives them a real boost. 5/5



Stop Cracking up Lip Balm
I like this lip balm very much! In a doe foot tube for easy application, this somehow feels a lot more moisturising than the minty one. Because it appears as a lipgloss it's a great one to wear during the day, especially in this cold Winter weather, it isn't too sticky and feels really nice. 5/5


I've still got a few things to try out, but so far overall i'm very impressed with this brand. Very affordable prices, and great products. Lots of choice, and perfect for everday essentials. The fact they have fun names, and come in bright and colourful packaging makes my bathroom a lot brighter too :) Anatomicals: i love you!



(You can get Anatomicals stuff at

www.asos.com or www.anatomicals.net )

(^-^)

1 comment:

  1. I've not heard of them before, i'll have to investigate. Nice post xx

    ReplyDelete